I was doing my research fieldwork around the Bangi area in late November 2011, when I suddenly stumbled into a stray pregnant female cat. I was instantly attracted to her unique appearance, her face looked like a sad mime or harlequin. When i tried to approach her, she scuttled away. I saw something weird about the way she ran away, it was only then I realized that she has 1 missing hand, and the wound was still bloody & raw. Feeling sympathy for this 3-legged cat, I proceeded to feed & check on her for the next 2 days and nights. On the 3rd day, I successfully captured her & immediately brought her to the vet for treatment. This is her story..and mine. A story about Harlie, the 3-legged cat.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Update on Harlie - 14/12/11

Salam semua.

Maaf saya dah lama tak mengupdate blog ni, kira-kira dah nak hampir seminggu tak update. Reason being macam biasa la, terlalu sibuk dengan urusan & hal lain, i.e my research fieldwork. Hujung minggu ni will be the last day of my fieldwork, jadi insyaAllah lepas ni akan ada lebih skit masa yang terluang untuk bercerita tentang Harlie kesayangan kita :)

Update yang pendek je untuk malam ni. 3 hari lepas, saya ada melawat Harlie lagi di HVC. Setiap 2-3 hari kalau ada masa terluang saya akan pergi menjenguk Harlie di sana, dah jadi rutin pulak. Tak ada apa-apa sangat yang nak diceritakan...cuma syukur alhamdulillah Harlie nampak makin bertenaga, kuat & nakal masa tu. Haha, dia dah suka berlari sana sini & menyorok bawah kerusi & dalam kotak :)

Eczema kat perut dia pun dah hampir 100% hilang. Jahitan kat kawasan tangan dia yang dipotong tu pun getting better, tapi ada sedikit lagi bahagian yang masih kelihatan belum bercantum betul-betul lagi, iaitu macam dulu jugak di kawasan tengah-tengah luka tersebut. Pastu, bila tengok betol-betol balik kat sutures dia tu, kami nampak yang ada beberapa jahitan yang dah macam kene tarik. Rupa-rupanya Harlie masih lagi cuba nak gigit/cabut lagi sutures dia tu. Jadi hukumannya: Harlie dah start kene pakai E-collar! Warna pink lagi tu, heheh :p Sesuai la dengan dia, dia kan girl...


Eczema kat stomach Harlie almost gone


Harlie & her pink E-collar!

Tu saja untuk malam ni ya, stay tuned esok malam insyaAllah saya update lagi. Terima kasih semua!


****************************************************

Hi all,

Sorry but it's been awhile since I last updated this blog. I've been swamped with work, particularly my research fieldwork. Luckily, this weekend will be the last day of my fieldwork so I'll have a bit more time to update this blog after that, God-willing :)

Nothing much to say tonight, plus I'm running out of time. About 3 days ago, I went to visit Harlie again at HVC...it's becoming a bit of a routine already, every 2-3 days if I have the time I'll drop by HVC to peek in on Harlie. It's getting so that Dr Joe & Dr Nurul can almost pinpoint the exact day & time I'll show up at their door, haha. Not much to say about Harlie, except that she's doing great..and thank God, she seems to be getting stronger, more energetic & even naughtier than before. She likes to run now, and also like to hide under sofas & in various boxes, lol.

The eczema on her tummy is almost completely gone, I'm happy about that. The sutures at her amputation site is also getting better, but as was the case previously, some parts of it (the middle part) still seem to be not 100% healed. The tissue & skin is somehow not stitching together well like the rest are. Plus, when we took a closer look at her sutures, we can see a few that are starting to come loose & unravel. We can only guess that our li'l girl has been going at them, chewing & licking the sutures. So we had to take a desperate course of action: put an E-collar on Harlie! And it's a pink one at that! :)

I think that's about it for tonight. Have to turn in. God-willing, I'll be writing more tomorrow night. Thanks all!


2 comments:

  1. Alahai comelnya. Cair hati tengok Harlie pakai collar tu.

    Anyway, I haven't ask my dad about treating mange, but once I ask him, I will share it in SCRATCH FB since everyone can make use of home remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepper: Hehe, comelkan Harlie? :) Ok, please share your dad's homebrewed cure for mange on SCRATCH FB's page..but do let me know once you've posted it up as well, as I might miss it on FB. Thanks Pepper!

    ReplyDelete