I was doing my research fieldwork around the Bangi area in late November 2011, when I suddenly stumbled into a stray pregnant female cat. I was instantly attracted to her unique appearance, her face looked like a sad mime or harlequin. When i tried to approach her, she scuttled away. I saw something weird about the way she ran away, it was only then I realized that she has 1 missing hand, and the wound was still bloody & raw. Feeling sympathy for this 3-legged cat, I proceeded to feed & check on her for the next 2 days and nights. On the 3rd day, I successfully captured her & immediately brought her to the vet for treatment. This is her story..and mine. A story about Harlie, the 3-legged cat.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Preparing for Harlie's arrival tomorrow

Hi & salam to all.

It's been yet another busy day for me & another early morning tomorrow, so this will be short. Just wanted everyone to know that tentatively Harlie will be coming back home with us sometime tomorrow! My wife & I will fetch her from the ward at Honey Vet Clinic in the afternoon and we'll bring her home for us to foster. Tonight I've just finished disinfecting her new cage & living quarters, can't take any chances with any viruses, etc that might be transmitted from my cats to Harlie. With her immune system in the current weakened state, we can't take any chances. Harlie will be totally isolated from my other cats, Snow & Mimi, in a separate room. I hope she would adjust well to her new surrounding & that it won't be too stressful for her & for Snow & Mimi too :)

Another spate of good news, the donations from the kind Singaporean donors (led by Kak Siti) have been wired to me. I'll go & fetch the funds tomorrow before picking up Harlie. Alhamdulillah! My everlasting & neverending thanks goes out to the kind donors, especially to Kak Siti for her time & effort in helping Harlie out.

Ok, I think that's it for tonight. Will update more accordingly later on when I have time.

Good night, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so exciting!!! Kudos to you for taking all possible precautions for her, she is one lucky girl! I am sure she will feel more comfortable at your home! As much as she needed it, no one enjoys a hospital stay!
    Kudos also to k. Siti and her friends!!! She really got into the action and I really admire what she pulled off!!! Congratulations to all of you, and good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you!!! L&O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Licia: Yes, K.Siti & her friends really did a lot for Harlie & us. I'm forever indebted to them for their kindess & generosity. Thanks for the good luck wish!

    ReplyDelete