I was doing my research fieldwork around the Bangi area in late November 2011, when I suddenly stumbled into a stray pregnant female cat. I was instantly attracted to her unique appearance, her face looked like a sad mime or harlequin. When i tried to approach her, she scuttled away. I saw something weird about the way she ran away, it was only then I realized that she has 1 missing hand, and the wound was still bloody & raw. Feeling sympathy for this 3-legged cat, I proceeded to feed & check on her for the next 2 days and nights. On the 3rd day, I successfully captured her & immediately brought her to the vet for treatment. This is her story..and mine. A story about Harlie, the 3-legged cat.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

No-kill animal shelter di Malaysia...ada ke?

I wrote this question on KTAJ's page on FB untuk bertanya samada ada ke tidak no-kill shelter untuk haiwan di Malaysia ni. Jawapan pendeknya: ada, tp dah overcrowded..so better not send Harlie there. Lagipun, Harlie ni kan kiranya dah jadi 'special-needs' cat, i.e kucing OKU (ada pakcik kat Honey Vet guna term ni bila nampak keadaan Harlie :) )

I thought a no-kill shelter was a viable option for Harlie, tp since dah overcrowded, well tak jadi la nampaknye. Lagipun, bila saya pikir btol2, I think better Harlie di adopt oleh a loving family, yg btol2 boleh jaga dia & meet her special needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment